SERVICE AND WARRANTY
The upholstered products of Camerich use imported high-class birch to make the frames with metal reinforcing.
Camerich offers a 10 year warranty for sofa frames on the condition that the product has been under normal use and regular maintenance.
Keep the arrowhead upward during transportation, and never stack for more than two layers.
Unpacking and Installation
When unpacking avoid using sharp articles so as not to damage the product inside. Take the product out with care, and find the instructions and hardware. Assemble the furniture as instructed, and keep the instruction for future reference.
Before moving the furniture, check the joints between sofa legs and frame, cabinet legs and body, doors and body, and others. Empty cabinet or drawers and lock them up to avoid hurting people. When moving the furniture, lift it up to prevent the floor from being scratched or damaging furniture legs.
Setting the Furniture
1. Place the furniture on an even floor to keep it stable.
2. Avoid long-time direct sunshine or heat on fabric and leather, so that the colours do not fade. Leather sofas should be placed in a dry area with good ventilation.
3. The above principals apply to wood furniture too, as heat will make wood crack and colour fade. The adequate room temperature is between 18-24 degrees Celsius, and the moisture between 35-40%. Green plants and ornamental fish help with moisture. If a moistening machine is used, never aim the air at furniture.
4. Never use the furniture over its capacity to avoid deforming of doors.
Use the Furniture
1. Do not apply heavy force when opening the doors, because the action will make the hinges loosen.
2. 2. Keep chemical such as acid and alkali away from furniture.
3. Do not place sharp articles on glass-top furniture to avoid possible scratches.
4. Do not use plastics to protect wood-top table, as the action will harm the paint.
5. Use some protection when placing hot items on furniture.
6. Do not jump on sofa, as this will break the sewing and damage the shaping.
7. How to take the sofa cover off takes some skill. We advise you contact a Camerich showroom to take care of it for you. If you have to do it yourself, please follow the steps given here:
- a. Taking the cover off the frame
- i. Remove all pillows and cushions first
- ii. Unzip or unbutton the sofa frame cover at the bottom
- iii. Use the napped cloth provided to cover the buttons up to avoid possible damage to the fabric.
- iv. Lift the cover inch by inch from the bottom up, and move towards the other side when one side is done until the cover is completely off the frame.
- v. During the process, never pull hard with force as it will make the cover deform.
- b. Taking off cushion and pillow covers
- i. Unzip the cushion or pillow.
- ii. Press hard to make the cushion and pillow bodies smaller, then take them out of the covers.
- c. Put frame cover back on
- i. Get the side of the fabric correct and start from the top on both sides.
- ii. Go down, inch by inch, and keep the two sides at the same pace.
- iii. Give special attention to the edges and armrest and back, where wrinkles are possible.
- iv. Zip or button the cover up at the bottom.
- d. Put cushion and pillow covers back on
- i. Get the side of the fabric correct
- ii. Make sure the shape of the cushion and pillow bodies go with the shape of the covers.
- iii. Press the cushion or pillow bodies hard and insert them into the covers.
- iv. Pat the cushions to shape them up.
- v. Sippers and the side with holes are to be placed backwards.
Safe Load Capacity
– Glass and marble-top coffee table: 20kg max
– Wood-top coffee table- 40kg max
– Wood-top dining table: 50kg max
– TV Cabinet: 60kg max
– Shelves on all cabinets including book-cases: 20kg max
– Use the furniture with care, sudden force may cause damage.
– Vacuum-clean fabric every fortnight to get rid of dust in hidden areas, Use stain-remover to clean up stains, but a test on a back area is necessary to make sure its safe. Following the dry-cleaning instruction is necessary. Always use a professional dry-cleaner.
– Maintain the shape and elasticity of cushions and pillows by patting them hard once a week.
– During rainy season, to keep sofa dry, use a blower to blow humid air out.
– Clean and dust every fortnight, using a piece of soft cloth to wipe the surface. When using a vacuum-cleaner on leather, be sure to use a soft head and pipe so as not to scratch the surface. To get rid of stains, use soft cloth and leather cleaner to wipe it off. Do not use wet cloths and tissues on leather
– In case of accidents such as candle drips or gum dropped on sofa, place a piece of thick cloth on candle drips, and use a hot iron to remove. To remove gum, place an ice cube wrapped in plastic film, make the gum hard and then pick it off applying little force.
– For severe stains, please consult a professional cleaner.
– To clean oil-stained glass top, use a little detergent first, then wash the area with water and wipe dry with a cloth. For atomized glass, use powder detergent.
– Marble is a porous material. Any spills should be cleaned immediately to avoid stains. Remove spills using a clean, natural colored cloth and luke-warm waters. If more thorough cleaning is required use a non-alkali or acidic soap.
– Oily liquids will penetrate the surface quicker than water.
– Do Not place hot items on marble, it may cause the marble to shock and crack. Use coasters to protect its surface.
– Wipe furniture with a piece of damp cloth in the direction of grain. For parts that collect most dust, clean them thoroughly. If not dust will make the wood age quickly. Clean up any stains as soon as possible.
– Do not use water-soluble agent like gasoline or alcohol to wipe wood. Do not use wet tissue or cloth either because the alcoholic content may cause harm to the paint.
– If cleaning is not done regularly, we advise you use a professional cleaning agent. Take adequate amount of the agent on a soft cloth to clean the furniture, and then use the other side of the cloth to wipe agent off.
– Damp cloth can be used on aluminum units, but no acid or alkali detergent is allowed because it will harm the surface and cause oxidation. Hard scratches may cause the same problem.
– Metal joints may loosen with time, tighten the screws ti get them back in place.
– Maintain the metal slide at least twice a year. Clean up the dust first, the put a few drops of lubricating oil in order to obtain a smooth sliding. Remember to wipe off the over-flowed oil so as not to damage the furniture first.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Goods are sold by Camerich to the Client subject to these terms and conditions, and not otherwise. These terms and conditions prevail over any inconsistent provision in any communication by the Client to Camerich about the sale of the Goods, including any form of purchase order issued by the Client.
Camerich will contact the Client to nominate and confirm a proposed Delivery Date.
The proposed Delivery Date is an estimate only.
Camerich is not liable for any loss, damage or delay incurred by the Client arising from late or non-delivery of the Goods.
Camerich may at its option deliver the Goods to the Client in any number of instalments or part supplies.
The Client must do all things as are necessary to assist and enable Camerich to deliver the Goods on the Delivery Date to the Client at the Client Delivery Address.
3. PAYMENT AND RISK
An initial progress payment of 50% is required before Camerich can begin arrangements for the manufacture or supply of the Goods
The Client must pay the balance of the Price for the Goods to Camerich before Camerich delivers the Goods to the Client.
All risk in the Goods passes to the Client upon delivery of the Goods by Camerich to the Delivery Address or the Client.
4. RETENTION OF TITLE
Title to the Goods shall not pass from Camerich to the Client until such time as Camerich has received payment in full of the Price for the Goods in cleared funds and there are no other moneys owing by the Client to Camerich in respect of the Goods.
Until such time as payment is made in full of the Price for the Goods in cleared funds, Camerich reserves the right to recover possession of the Goods.
Where Camerich has not been paid the Price for the Goods in full and Camerich has delivered the Goods to the Client, the Client agrees that the relationship between Camerich and the Client shall be fiduciary and that the Client shall hold the Goods as bailee for Camerich and, if required, shall store the Goods in a manner that clearly shows the ownership of Camerich.
Camerich and the Client agree that the provisions of this clause apply notwithstanding any agreement, whether subsequent to the supply of the relevant Goods or not, between the Client and Camerich pursuant to which Camerich gives the Client credit.
If the Client refuses or is unable to accept delivery of the Goods or any part of the Goods on the Delivery Date, the Client must pay storage charges to Camerich at the rate of 5% per month on the value of the Goods, payable until the Client accepts delivery of all of the Goods.
6. RETURN OF GOODS
Subject to law:
the Client has no right to return all or any of the Goods to Camerich; and
Camerich has no obligation to refund all or any part of the Price.
Subject to law:
the Client has no right to terminate or cancel this agreement; and
the Client must indemnify Camerich in respect of all loss, costs, claims and expenses incurred by Camerich as a result of any default by the Client under this agreement.
Camerich has no obligation to install the Goods or perform any residential building works.
9. PERSONAL INFORMATION
The address and contract details of the Client may be used by Camerich and subsidiaries of Camerich to provide marketing information to the Client. Please refer to the privacy statement at www.camerich.com.au for more information.
10. WARRANTY AS TO QUALITY OR FITNESS
Camerich warrants that the Goods are of merchantable quality except only:
as regards any defects specifically drawn to the attention of the Client before the making of this contract;
if the Client examined the Goods before the making of this contract, as regards any defects which that examination ought to have revealed.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
a) Other than any warranty expressly given by Camerich in this agreement, and subject to clause 11(b), all warranties (whether implied, statutory or otherwise) relating to the Goods and any other subject matter of this agreement, are excluded.
b) Where any law implies in this agreement any term, and the law voids or prohibits provisions in this agreement which exclude or modify the operation of such term, such term is taken to be included in this agreement. However, the liability of Camerich for breach of such term is, if permitted by law, limited to one of the following remedies (at the option of Camerich):
a. replacement of the Goods or supply of equivalent Goods;
b. the repair of such Goods;
c. the payment of the cost of replacing the Goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
d. the payment of the cost of having the Goods repaired.
e. Subject to clause 11(b) Camerich excludes all liability for indirect and consequential loss (including without limitation for loss of revenue or profits) in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including negligence) to the Client arising from or connected to this agreement.
f. apply to any action giving rise to an obligation, duty or liability even if the action was not authorised, or not capable of being authorised, by the Client.