The upholstered products of Camerich use imported high-class birch to make the frames with metal reinforcing. Camerich offers a 10 year warranty for sofa frames on the condition that the product has been under normal use and regular maintenance.
Camerich provides free repair for quality problems verified by quality-control until within one year from the date of purchase. Camerich provides repair services at a charge for problems caused by improper use, if this verified by quality-control unit.
In case the same quality problem occurs the second time within one year from the date of purchase, thus verified by the quality control unit, Camerich gives identical replacement.
In case quality problem still exists after replacement, or the replacement is not performed within promised period of time, Camerich shall take back the product and refund the customer.
Keep the arrowhead upward during transportation, and never stack for more than two layers.
Unpacking and Installation
When unpacking avoid using sharp articles so as not to damage the product inside. Take the product out with care, and find the instructions and hardware. Assemble the furniture as instructed, and keep the instruction for future reference.
Before moving the furniture, check the joints between sofa legs and frame, cabinet legs and body, doors and body, and others. Empty cabinet or drawers and lock them up to avoid hurting people. When moving the furniture, lift it up to prevent the floor from being scratched or damaging furniture legs.
Setting the Furniture
1. Place the furniture on an even floor to keep it stable.
2. Avoid long-time direct sunshine or heat on fabric and leather, so that the colours do not fade. Leather sofas should be placed in a dry area with good ventilation.
3. The above principals apply to wood furniture too, as heat will make wood crack and colour fade. The adequate room temperature is between 18-24 degrees Celsius, and the moisture between 35-40%. Green plants and ornamental fish help with moisture. If a moistening machine is used, never aim the air at furniture.
4. Never use the furniture over its capacity to avoid deforming of doors.
Use the Furniture
1. Do not apply heavy force when opening the doors, because the action will make the hinges loosen.
2. 2. Keep chemical such as acid and alkali away from furniture.
3. Do not place sharp articles on glass-top furniture to avoid possible scratches.
4. Do not use plastics to protect wood-top table, as the action will harm the paint.
5. Use some protection when placing hot items on furniture.
6. Do not jump on sofa, as this will break the sewing and damage the shaping.
7. How to take the sofa cover off takes some skill. We advise you contact a Camerich showroom to take care of it for you. If you have to do it yourself, please follow the steps given here:
- a. Taking the cover off the frame
- i. Remove all pillows and cushions first
- ii. Unzip or unbutton the sofa frame cover at the bottom
- iii. Use the napped cloth provided to cover the buttons up to avoid possible damage to the fabric.
- iv. Lift the cover inch by inch from the bottom up, and move towards the other side when one side is done until the cover is completely off the frame.
- v. During the process, never pull hard with force as it will make the cover deform.
- b. Taking off cushion and pillow covers
- i. Unzip the cushion or pillow.
- ii. Press hard to make the cushion and pillow bodies smaller, then take them out of the covers.
- c. Put frame cover back on
- i. Get the side of the fabric correct and start from the top on both sides.
- ii. Go down, inch by inch, and keep the two sides at the same pace.
- iii. Give special attention to the edges and armrest and back, where wrinkles are possible.
- iv. Zip or button the cover up at the bottom.
- d. Put cushion and pillow covers back on
- i. Get the side of the fabric correct
- ii. Make sure the shape of the cushion and pillow bodies go with the shape of the covers.
- iii. Press the cushion or pillow bodies hard and insert them into the covers.
- iv. Pat the cushions to shape them up.
- v. Sippers and the side with holes are to be placed backwards.
Safe Load Capacity
– Glass and marble-top coffee table: 20kg max
– Wood-top coffee table- 40kg max
– Wood-top dining table: 50kg max
– TV Cabinet: 60kg max
– Shelves on all cabinets including book-cases: 20kg max
– Use the furniture with care, sudden force may cause damage.
Fabric and Upholstered Products:
– Maintain the shape and elasticity of cushions and pillows by patting them hard once a week.
– During rainy season, to keep sofa dry, use a blower to blow humid air out.
– Clean and dust every fortnight, using a piece of soft cloth to wipe the surface. When using a vacuum-cleaner on leather, be sure to use a soft head and pipe so as not to scratch the surface. To get rid of stains, use soft cloth and leather cleaner to wipe it off. Do not use wet cloths and tissues on leather
– In case of accidents such as candle drips or gum dropped on sofa, place a piece of thick cloth on candle drips, and use a hot iron to remove. To remove gum, place an ice cube wrapped in plastic film, make the gum hard and then pick it off applying little force.
– For severe stains, please consult a professional cleaner.
– To clean oil-stained glass top, use a little detergent first, then wash the area with water and wipe dry with a cloth. For atomized glass, use powder detergent.
– Marble is a porous material. Any spills should be cleaned immediately to avoid stains. Remove spills using a clean, natural colored cloth and luke-warm waters. If more thorough cleaning is required use a non-alkali or acidic soap.
– Oily liquids will penetrate the surface quicker than water.
– Do Not place hot items on marble, it may cause the marble to shock and crack. Use coasters to protect its surface.
– Wipe furniture with a piece of damp cloth in the direction of grain. For parts that collect most dust, clean them thoroughly. If not dust will make the wood age quickly. Clean up any stains as soon as possible.
– Do not use water-soluble agent like gasoline or alcohol to wipe wood. Do not use wet tissue or cloth either because the alcoholic content may cause harm to the paint.
– If cleaning is not done regularly, we advise you use a professional cleaning agent. Take adequate amount of the agent on a soft cloth to clean the furniture, and then use the other side of the cloth to wipe agent off.
– Damp cloth can be used on aluminum units, but no acid or alkali detergent is allowed because it will harm the surface and cause oxidation. Hard scratches may cause the same problem.
– Metal joints may loosen with time, tighten the screws ti get them back in place.
– Maintain the metal slide at least twice a year. Clean up the dust first, the put a few drops of lubricating oil in order to obtain a smooth sliding. Remember to wipe off the over-flowed oil so as not to damage the furniture first.